Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Readers Theater


The children were good enough to perform a readers theater version of "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" for us, after our own Thanksgiving dinner, today.

Actually, I refused to serve the pie until they agreed to perform - but once they got started they all had a good time with it.  The script, which you can find by clicking here, is aimed at 3rd to 4th graders, though I think it might be better for students in the 5th-6th grades, as some of the parts require longer stretches of reading, with a few large vocabulary words thrown in.  With children on the both sides of that age range, it worked pretty well for our family.

There's a blogged sized snippet of the performance below, you know - for the grandparents. I think we might have hit on a new Thanksgiving Day tradition for our family.




Happy Thanksgiving!

It's great to be a homeschooler.

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

This is fantastic. I will have to do this with my homeschool group.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I am jealous that you have enough kids for the theater :) Love it!

Ticia said...

Ha ha ha, refused to serve pie. Spectacular!