Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ode to a Rice Krispies Turkey Tradition

Thanksgiving is not the time to try new things. It's a time for traditions. Or, at least that's what I understood Martha Stewart to say once, though for the life of me, I can't find a reference for that quote. Even so, I think it's mainly true.

Which is why, even though the good people of Kellogg's have offered up instructions for a new, and adorable, Rice Krispies Turkey (click the underlined link to view the recipe, and then hopefully they won't mind my "borrowing" the photo off their site)...


...we will stick with, the old, tried, and true, traditional Rice Krispies Turkey (even if we did make ours with Cocoa Pebbles, this year). Kellogg's might have moved on to cuter ground, but bowling pin shaped turkey...


...you're always welcome at our house. Not to say we won't be making any of your sweet little cousins, but first things first.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

6 comments:

Kylie said...

aww they are both adorable. :-)

Ticia said...

I can just imagine the sugar shock of coco pebbles and marshmallows

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Ticia - There's a reason these are a once a year tradition - they are very sweet.

Brimful Curiosities said...

We tried rice krispies pumpkins for Halloween. I've had enough sugar for the rest of the year.

Phyllis said...

Those are cute and there were some other cute things there, too. I might even craft that drumstick for my vegetarian husband. hee...hee

Christy Killoran said...

Adorable!!!!!! My kids have never had cocoa pebbles, but I am sure they would LOVE them!