Monday, September 20, 2010

More (Leaf Man Inspired) Fun With Leaves

I had hoped to send the older children out today, on a mystery tree identification mission (it's really cool, and I can't wait to tell you all about it), but naturally a very cold, fall rain has blown in this morning, so for now we're stuck inside.

Happily though, we still have plenty of leaves left from our weekend exploration for continued investigation.

Let me again recommend pocket microscopes. They are inexpensive (ours was $5.00 for a 30x magnification), easy to use, and some even magnify things over 100 times. Every family should have one - and no one is paying me to say that :)


I'm sure too, we will be having more Leaf Man inspired fun.


So far, we've seen...


...a couple of fish...


...a man holding an umbrella, on a windy day...


...and a turtle?

It's great to be a homeschooler.

8 comments:

Phyllis said...

Oh, they are so adorable. I love them.

Ticia said...

Hmmmm...... I'll have to see if we can find one.

Very cute leaf creations. Our leaves aren't falling down any time soon. Oddly enough the most common tree here loses its leaves near spring.

Debbie said...

It sounds like our warm rains have moved your way, but you got them cold. Unlike last year when we did get to have a little leaf fun, I don't think it will happen this year. I love all their little leaf creations.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I have to look for a pocket microscope! Love the creations.

Christy Killoran said...

Leaf Man is a great book! I love your leaf creations.

I'll have to get one of those pocket microscopes.

Kylie said...

These are so cute. Those microscoplous idea.

Usethebrains Godgiveyou said...

I took "Nebraska Plants and Animals" thirty years ago at UNK. Where did you get that ginko leaf? Maybe you discussed it, I'm kinda new here...

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

r.b. It's just one of the leaves we picked up on a walk through our neighborhood.